Top 7 Techniques To End Procrastination
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Like Nike says, "Just Do It"
- Are you procrastinating to protect yourself from some unknown variable? Find out what that is, and then think your way around it. Visualize the reward you'll receive for taking the action.
- Realize that procrastination is a learned habit. Stretch yourself for 21 days without major procrastination, and you may create a new action oriented habit.
- Identify which things you specifically procrastinate about. Dig in and find out why you don't procrastinate about everything, but these few things - which will help you learn more about yourself.
- Many folks procrastinate because they fear the pain of doing the action more than the pleasure of completing the action. Realize that a high percentage of the time, the fear you feel, is not real, but is fear you created yourself, and only you can destroy it.
- Say this: I am a person who gets things done. - Never say "I am a procrastinator" or "I'm going to stop procrastinating now" because it'll never happen. Focus on ACTION.
- Even if it feels hard, FORCE yourself to do what you know you need to do. In the beginning, everything can be uncomfortable, but no great accomplishment ever happened without massive action, so GO FOR IT! :)
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: August 11, 1998