Top 7 Strategies To Make Yourself Into A Killer Business Athlete
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
Business intelligence is not enough to win in business. You must become an athlete in your industry, and many of the same principles that apply to world class athletes, also applies to the best winners in many businesses. Today's issue looks at your checklist for business athletic success:
- Mental Preparedness: You must take 100% responsibility for your attitude and emotions at all times. Set short and long term goals, and write them down. Visualize the end outcomes you'd like for yourself and your business, and have faith in your ability to pull it off.
- Compete Only With Yourself: You are your biggest competitor. Never forget this. All you can do, is become better than you have ever become before, and if you reach for becoming the best that God has intended for you to become, there are few that will compare to what you will be able to achieve.
- Your Training Environment: Does it stink? Do something about it. Increase the lighting in your area. Use warm halogen lamps instead of bright white florescent lights. Make sure you ONLY wear clothing that makes you comfortable, happy and confident. Also, if you are surrounded by turkeys or ducks, fire them and ask them to swim in someone elses pond.
- Training Consistency & Intensity: You become successful, ONE small step at a time, building upon the last small success. If you are building your business with only 30-60% of your best effort intensity, expect it to take a lot longer to get to your end outcome. You must put in 100%+ of your best effort to build strength at your best optimal rate of return.
- Don't Overtrain or Lose Your Perspective: More is not always better. Remember to get out of the office, and think about your business and its problems OUTSIDE of your office at least once per month. Take mini business vacations frequently.
- Keeping a Training Journal: Tony Robbins once said, "If your life is worth living, it's worth recording." Get yourself a journal, and begin recording the best and worst things happening to you. You can use this to focus your efforts/energies as well to see that you've come a long way in a short period of time....which builds more confidence.
- Monitor and Improve Your Eating Habits: Great eating habits are essential to a well fuelded body for a great state of mind, not to mention physical strength & stamina. If you're going to work 12-16 hour days while building your business, make sure you feed yourself the best fuel to produce optimal results from your physical vessel, called your body. This includes eating fruit in the morning, light lunches in the afternoon, and healthy snacks throughout the day.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: April 05, 1999