Top 7 Strategies To Make Money Via Email
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Create a Email newsletter for your business, where you will have a Free Version and a "For Pay Version" that you can charge for. Many folks find they can get up to 10% of their Free list will join and pay for your "For-Pay" list version.
- Do small targeted personal Emails one by one, to folks who you'd like to align yourself with or to get their advice or input as to how they could benefit from your product or service. Is this spam? Well, yes, but if no one complains, then its ok, but if you are not sincere and try to automate this process, then its not ok. This is an extremely fine line, that draws its' line based on whether your mailing draws complaints or not. If you do not draw complaints, then continue. If you draw one bad complaint, you may lose your ISP account rather suddenly.
- Create autoresponders that give additional sales information on yourself, your product or service, or additional benefits, and then include this in your SIG line while posting to targeted Email discussion lists you belong to. Think of these as Email sales agents for you, that help close sales for you while you sleep!
- Create an Email discussion list for your interests, and sell advertising to folks who wantto reach the audience you attracted to your list. This is not as easy as it sounds, and there are many decisions to make about the management, marketing, moderation, etc of this option, but its worth a test.
- Use Email to PRO ACTIVELY reduce the time it takes to close prospects (meaning reducing your sales cycle) by allowing them to join your Email list, and sending them monthly specials or exclusive deals only for members of your list. You can do this same strategy for your existing customers.
- Use Email to make contact with the press for pennies vs. traditional means. There are two ways you can do this:
- Create your own press release list, that folks can join and whenever you release a new press release, you send it first to your list. I've also found from testing this concept, that the folks who join your pr list, are always 10 times more likely to buy from you, than general prospects.
- Send your press release via Email to any one of the many Email press release services for about 25% of the normal paper-sending press release services.
Both of these plans can leverage the power of Email to help grow interest and value/sales for your business.
- Create an education class, taught via Email, that you charge folks to be a part of. This can be done with a simple moderated Email discussion list, and because this is being done with Email, there is no geographic or space/time limits as to who can participate. I've seen this done as a add-on bonus for a product that friend of mine sells for about $449, and he values / positions the educational list service as a $9,999 value for his clients. Somehow I know this is a stretch, BUT, he does deliver REAL value and I know it helps him close many of his deals.
Article Submitted On: June 29, 1998