Top 7 Strategies To Help You Write Headlines That Sell
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- It's been said that 95% effectiveness of an article, flyer, or any marketing piece, is the headline. Revere the power and the importance of this often overlooked component to a successful marketing communication.
- Write down the top 7-10 benefits of the article you need a strong headline for. Your headline should come from these benefits.
- Tune yourself into this radio station: WIIFM "What's In It For Me". Your audience could care less about you and your glorious article, but they do care VERY much about what they will get out of it. Talk and address those needs.
- Remember that folks will do more to avoid PAIN, than they will to gain PLEASURE.
- Be brief, be concise, and GET TO THE POINT. The shorter your headline, the more folks will read it, as long as it can deliver your main point in 1-1½ seconds.
- It's also best to set aside your EGO. It's not relevant when talking to the EGO of the reader. It's THEIR EGO you should be addressing, and not yours.
- Your headline should be your USP (Unique Selling Proposition). If you can't say your USP outloud, how can you write it? Best to spend some time discovering and deciding what your USP will be, before writing headlines that sell. I believe all sales letters or articles must have their OWN USP or unique purpose or selling point.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: March 26, 1999