Top 7 Steps To Turn Any Business Situation Around
By Gary Bartlett
[ Print |
Email This |
This is a simple, systemic process for surfacing and resolving the core issue in any challenging situation.
- List the issues, concerns, obstacles and problems that make the situation challenging. List as many as possible.
- Find the common theme or repeating pattern across the items in your list. (Yes, there is always a common theme!) This theme will be the core issue -- the performance-limiting problem.
- List as many ways of solving that performance-limiting problem as you can think of.
- Find the common theme or repeating pattern across the items in your list. (Strangely, there is always a common theme!) This theme will resolve the core issue and deal to all the others at the same time.
- List the ways in which people in the situation will have to change their way of going about things to make the solution work.
- Find the common theme or repeating pattern across the items in your list. (If you've got this far, you'll have come to expect there to be a common theme!) This theme will be the mindset change program that people will be able to practice to help them acquire the new habits that are needed to improve the entire business's performance.
- In due course your solution will have solved all the problems it is able to solve and all that will be left is those it can't. Time to return to Step 1 and start the process all over again.
Today's Top7Business article was submitted by Gary Bartlett of Probsolv.
Interested in a new approach to challenging business situations? Read an online intro and download a free eBook at our site: http://www.probsolv.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: August 31, 2000