Top 7 Reasons Your Small Business Needs a Blog
By Pamela Bruce
[ Print |
Email This |
If you are a small business owner, you've probably had a website for several years now, but you keep hearing about these weblogs or "blogs" that everyone seems to be raving about. Should your business get a blog? Here are 7 reasons why it should:
- Blogs are inexpensive. Blogging services can be obtained at reasonable costs or even free. It is hard to beat that.
- Blogs are easy to set up. If you are not a web design maven, you probably rely on technically savvy employees or consultants for designing your website. You know how complicated this process can be. A blog, on the other hand, can be set up easily by the average person.
- Blogs are quick. How long does it take you to implement a change on your website? A blog will be much more nimble. While template-based blog services might restrict you in terms of design, updating and editing are a snap.
- Blogs give you a different voice. Is your website factual and serious? How about taking on a humorous persona in a blog? Blogs allow you to vary your tone and broaden your audience.
- Blogs can reach new audiences. Blogs not only may be part of larger blogging communities, but also offer ready-made tools (pinging, feeds, etc.) to spread your message and reach audiences beyond your website.
- Blogs are an outlet for your expertise. You have specific knowledge in your business field, be it lawn care, pottery or catering. Why not use your blog to spread your knowledge, gain recognition and thus indirectly promote your business?
- Blogs allow you to showcase your business. While you should not simply dump your website into your blog, you can, for instance, liven up an informative blog with pictures of your merchandise. And of course, a blog should provide a link back to your website.
Pamela Bruce lives in Austin, TX. She is the owner of Love Beads Unlimited and sells her hand-crafted Bali silver, Czech glass and Swarovski crystal jewelry on her website. She also has a blog entitled "Random Ruminations of a Beader" at http://www.cyberbeader.blogspot.com
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Internet-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: December 01, 2006