Top 7 Reasons Why You Want A Better Relationship With Your Boss
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- The more that your boss can see that you are committed to his or her success, the more he or she will become committed to YOUR success.
- Do you really want the opposite of a better relationship with your boss? I don't know too many folks who want to be in the dark, not included in the loop, and go day by day without knowing the priorities of your immediate supervisor.
- It can be had by simply asking. When is the last time you approached your boss and asked him/her what his/her top 3 priorities are?
- Identify your boss's top 3-4 values. What is important to him or her? You need to know this, so that you can better predict his or her reactions to your intentions or thoughts. I'm not at all talking about giving up your values, but rather caring enough to know what your bosses values in life are.
- Go beyond the call of duty consistently. Period. Make sure that your extra actions are valued, because value perceived is value achieved.
- Be loyal, if you want your boss to be loyal to you. Your job is to help your boss look good in front of his or her boss. The better you do this, the more valued you will be.
- Ask for more responsibility, and then find a way to pull it off. I am certain that the folks in your office who ask for more responsibility and then find a way to deliver, are ALWAYS the first considered for raises, promotions, etc.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Success-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: July 13, 1999