Top 7 Reasons To Run An Email List For Yourself Or Your Business
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- To Sell Advertising: Mailing lists usually attract a very narrow demographic, which when coupled with big lists, becomes attractive to sponsors to advertise in. You can do this in Ezines (Email news- letters) or Email Discussion Lists.
- To Support Your Product: Discussion lists can be a great way to get your existing installed client base to support each other and reduce your internal support costs, and add value to your customers.
- For Your Hobbies: If you've got a passion about a particular hobby, a discussion list is a great way to pull together like minded friends all over the globe who have similar interests.
- To Create A Virtual Fan Club: For yourself, your product, your brand name. You can do this via announcement lists or discussion lists, to keep others who love you, informed on the latest events.
- To Announce New Products/Services: There is no more powerful way for less money, than an Email announcement list, to keep your clients and prospects informed on new information about your business that could benefit them. Most list services are under $49 a month.
- PR/Investor Relations/Board Lists: Create an announcement list for folks who want to receive copies of new Press Releases about you, or Investor news if you're public or soon to be. You can also create a private discussion list for your board of directors to communicate on company issues.
- For Your Dealers, Resellers, Associates, Affiliates, Etc: Pull together those that help you build your business, via private and 'Exclusive' discussion or announcement lists for these folks.
Article Submitted On: August 18, 1998