Top 7 Powerful Linking Techniques that Rocket Your Website to the Top
By Kanaga Siva
[ Print |
Email This |
Webmasters put in a tremendous amount of effort to increase the Link Popularity and Page Rank of their Websites. To succeed in your efforts you have to find ways and means of getting the links the Search Engines love and not links which can even be detrimental to your very efforts to increase link popularity. In fact obtaining links from certain sites can even get your website penalized. Once you know the links the Search Engines love and appreciate you can concentrate all your efforts to obtain those links. Let us see what these links are.
- If you have unique content and excellent resources in your website, other websites will link to your site, thereby giving you a one-way inbound link which is much appreciated by the search engines. Search Engines and visitors also like fresh content so updating it regularly enhances the popularity of your site even further.
Again if the site linking to your site is relevant to your site and is of high PR, then the search engines will give high weightage to that link. So it is quality and not quantity that matters.
- The craze today to increase link popularity is to write articles and submit them to Article Directories, Article Distributors and Article Banks. This is a great way to obtain one-way inbound links through your embedded link in the Resource Box of your article. These articles are again published by webmasters who are in the look out for good content to enhance the quality of their websites thus creating a viral effect. This is a great way to increase link popularity.
Good quality articles displaying your expertise have every possibility of being published by authoritative sites thereby giving a quality link and good traffic as well. To obtain the maximum benefit from these inbound links, you should ensure that wherever possible your link is an Anchor text with one of your keywords in it.
- It is often been said in recent times that Reciprocal Linking is dead. This is not quite true. It is known that Search Engines do not appreciate reciprocal links if your site depends solely on reciprocal links. This is because search engines have found out that there are dubious methods of obtaining links to increase link popularity. Search Engines do appreciate reciprocal links if you exchange links with relevant quality websites. Rather than linking with several high ranking irrelevant websites, it is better to obtain reciprocal links from a few relevant sites of quality, which will indeed be valuable back links.
- Search Engines recognize and do appreciate links from good quality Directories. Hence to increase link popularity and page rank, you have to submit your site to these directories. There are both free and paid submission directories.
There are also good secondary Search Engine friendly directories where you can list your site for free, by paying a fee or by providing a reciprocal link.
- Another method of obtaining a One-way Inbound link is to offer to write testimonials of products you have successfully tested or used and requesting the vendor to allow you to have a link back from the testimonial to your website.
- Writing and releasing press releases on a regular basis whenever there are new promotions or major changes in your business can also be a source of good links and traffic too.
- Participating in Discussion Forums especially in your area of expertise and including your link in the signature; posting useful and interesting comments in Blogs along with your URL, are ways of obtaining one-way links that will increase link popularity.
Copyright © 2007 Kanaga Siva.
Kanaga Siva is an Author and Marketer. Welcome to his Business from Home, Free Home-Based Business Website and Blog for an Affiliate Marketing experience that can help you make money from home.
Article Submitted On: April 25, 2007