Top 7 Ideas To Figure Out Who Your Target Customer Is
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Remember, Either you decide who your target customer is, or your business will be like a whipper snapper or a rudderless ship sailing in no direction fast.
- Look at your customer base. Find the 20% which represents the 80% of your profits. What do those folks have in common?
- Study your competitors. Based on their marketing or market positioning, WHICH target customer are they going after and why? How is your market position different?
- If you can't decide who your target customer is, DECIDE who it is NOT. It may be easier to decide who you DO NOT want to serve than who you do.
- Based on your current resources & business assets or expertise, can the target customer base you are targeting support the goals you have set for your business?
- Poll your existing base, and ask them more questions, to better identify what they have in common, and what their unfulfilled needs are.
- If you have no idea, take a targeted guess, and START. Then, TEST different variations of your target, until you find the one that is most profitable or best in alignment with your goals.
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Marketing Category:
Article Submitted On: April 21, 1998