Top 7 Best Excuses Why Your Sales Suck
By Christopher M. Knight
[ Print |
Email This |
- Because you did not make any new calls this week to your existing base, and you are not pro-active in any way.
- Because you just sit and wait for the phone to ring, as if it just will magically and deliver a sale right to your desk.
- Because you do not belong in sales, and you've known this for some time, but you never did anything about it. Get out now.
- Because you never ask for the order. According to many University studies, up to 70% of all salespeople NEVER ask for the order. It's an insane thought, eh?
- Because working beyond the typical 40 hour work week is hard for you.
- Because you really don't care, in which case, I suggest you quit. Life is too short. You MUST love sales or get out now.
- Because you always have an excuse as to why you didn't meet your sales objectives this week.
Yes, this piece is sarcastic, but sure was fun making! :) God, I Love sales!
Additional Top7Business Articles from the Selling-Tips Category:
Article Submitted On: February 19, 1998
Want To Read More Expert Business Articles Like This?
Join The Free Top7Business Email Alert Today:
© 1998 - Top7Business.com. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Reproduction without permission prohibited.