Top 7 Benefits Of Skilled Labour Hire
By Joe Hannsen
[ Print |
Email This |
Although labour hire has been growing by leaps and bounds over the last couple of decades, many companies have not yet tapped into its full potential when it comes to sourcing for skilled workers.
Skilled labour hire services can be beneficial to any business regardless of its area of specialisation. This is because labour hire firms can provide highly qualified employees to your business either on a temporary or permanent basis at a momentís notice. Think about it; wouldnít it be amazing if you had an army of employees with a myriad of skills at your disposal at all times? Well, with labour hire you can!
Here are the top seven benefits your business stands to gain by using skilled labour hire:
- Reduced costs. Most businesses have fluctuating workloads depending on the season. This means that the labour requirements of the business also fluctuate in direct proportion to the workload. Having skilled employees on payroll even when they are not required would cost the business a lot of money yet they arenít playing any part. Labour hire helps you get the skilled workers you need when you need them without the commitment of full employment.
- Reduced downtime. When your business is down even one single employee, be it as a result of employee illness, leave, unexpected departure or seasonal peaks; efficiency will be highly affected. Skilled labour hire helps reduce downtime by providing skilled and qualified employees within the shortest time possible to ensure that your company is operating at the required capacity.
- Expertise and experience. Labour hire workers have worked in a variety of companies within your industry and will bring all this experience to your business. Furthermore, on-hired employees will provide skills that your staff may not possess and are not often required. Instead of spending a lot of time and resources training employees to carry out a one-off task, you can get temporary skilled workers who will work at your company for the duration of the project.
- Specialised recruitment processes. Providing labour for businesses is what labour hire firms do. They are therefore aware of the ins and outs of the labour market within various industries and fields. A great labour hire company uses experts to source qualified workers for different types of industries. This means that you can count on labour hire to provide skilled workers even for the smallest of industries.
- Flexibility. Keeping your permanent employees happy is crucial to the success of your business. The happier they are, the more productive they will be and the less likely it will be for them to leave. Employees need to maintain a good work-life balance and this can only be achieved by giving them some wiggle room for their work hours. Get temporary employees to cover leave so that your permanent employees can get time to rest and do other things outside of work.
- Large skill pools. Because labour hire firms have multitudes of ready and willing workers on standby at all time, you can have a variety of positions filled with just one email. The large number of available workers also means that you can get workers in bulk within a short time.
- Job Sharing. Labour hire gives you the option of dividing one job between two or more workers who share the benefits and salary of one full-time employee. The amount of money each worker earns is determined by the number of hours they work. This kind of arrangement comes in handy where the job requires the employee to be alert at all times.
Joe Hannsen writes for several businesses in Australia including Blue Collar People.
Article Submitted On: March 16, 2016